WHAT IS ANGELHACK?
Angelhack is a global innovative competition that have been held in 106 cities and created startup more than 115 companies around the world. Angelhack gathers the eager groups of people who are CODERS, BUSINESS, and DESIGNERS to invent the new and make change happen, together. Each group contains specialized in each fields and they will be provided only two days to make their wish innovation happen. Within these two days, there will be plenty of knowledge pooling-, real business model and strategies, and actual creations of minimal viable product (MVP). Finally, all candidates pitch their innovations to expert and specialized judges.
ANGELHACK'S GLOBAL HACKATHON SERIES 2018
Every year, AngelHack adventures across the globe for our yearly Global Hackathon Series. Over the course of Summer 2018, we’ll hit six continents, bridging the gap between Silicon Valley innovation and entrepreneurs all over the world.
This year’s theme? Seamless Technology. Hackathons are built for rapid innovation, and rapid isn’t always pretty. But no matter the roadblock, broken code or bumps, we continue on and push forward, together. There’s no boundary or limit to what we can create.
So join us! Create something cool. Meet great people. Win great prizes. Who knows, your founder journey may begin in South Korea!
WHO CAN HACK?
All ages, genders, and skill levels are welcome. Come solo or in a team of up to five, and spend the weekend learning new skills, meeting your local tech community and tech sponsors, enjoying free food, and more.
Our attendees typically consist of developers looking to improve their skills or expand their horizons, students, designers of all skill-sets, and serious entrepreneurs that can add value to teams. Bring your ideas and let’s go!
Want to get involved in another way? We’re always open to chat with potential sponsors, mentors, and judges! Just email info (at) angelhack.com to get connected.
*Venue open overnight
THE SEVEN ANGELHACK HACKATHON RULES :
We know some rules are meant to be broken, but you should probably (read: definitely) stick by these :
1. Fresh Code – We all start coding at the same time. It’s cool to work on designs beforehand, digital mockups, open source frameworks, and anything else available to everyone, but keep things within fair limits.
2. Code Review – Winning teams may be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning. This is to ensure that all code used is in fact fresh.
3. Ownership and IP – You own your IP and whatever you create. Simple as that.
4. Team Size – No more than five people.
5. Submissions – Each hackathon has its individual hackathon.io page where projects need to be submitted by the designated time. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to do just that.
6. Demos – You’ll have 2 minutes to demo the functionality of your project and talk through your idea, and 1 minute for Q&A from judges.
7. Be cool to your fellow hackers! Check out our: Code of Conduct.
How is the hackathon judged?
Projects will be judged based on the following criteria, with a total of 5 points per criteria:
- Fundability: How fundable is this idea? Is there potential for a sustainable business model?
- Execution: How well was the project executed and explained? Did it work?
- UI/UX: Beyond design, was the end-to-end user experience for the solution considered?
- Originality: How original, creative or unique is the idea?
- Scalability: How scalable is the solution? Will it make an impact?
Know someone who would make a great judge of awesomeness and innovation? Nominate them (or yourself!) at info@angelhack (dot) com