WHAT IS ANGELHACK?
Angelhack is a global innovative competition that have been held in 106 cities and created startup more than 115 companies around the world. Angelhack gathers the eager groups of people who are CODERS, BUSINESS, and DESIGNERS to invent the new and make change happen, together. Each group contains specialized in each fields and they will be provided only two days to make their wish innovation happen. Within these two days, there will be plenty of knowledge pooling-, real business model and strategies, and actual creations of minimal viable product (MVP). Finally, all candidates pitch their innovations to expert and specialized judges.
ANGELHACK'S GLOBAL HACKATHON SERIES 2018
Every year, AngelHack adventures across the globe for our yearly Global Hackathon Series. Over the course of Summer 2018, we’ll hit six continents, bridging the gap between Silicon Valley innovation and entrepreneurs all over the world.
This year’s theme? Seamless Technology. Hackathons are built for rapid innovation, and rapid isn’t always pretty. But no matter the roadblock, broken code or bumps, we continue on and push forward, together. There’s no boundary or limit to what we can create.
So join us! Create something cool. Meet great people. Win great prizes. Who knows, your founder journey may begin in South Korea!
AngelHack Challenge: Challenge yourself and your entrepreneurial spirit. Make something innovative without limits, something that brings positive change to the world, even something that solves a small problem. It’s that simple.
AngelHack Prize: The winning team from each hackathon will receive an invite into AngelHack’s HACKcelerator program.
Code For A Cause Impact Award Prize: One Impact Award will be given out at each event. At the end of the Global Hackathon Series, the top Impact Award projects will be chosen by an expert judging panel including; Chan Zuckerberg, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative; and more. These top five teams will receive an official invite into the HACKcelerator.
Challenge: Build technology that solves a social or environmental problem and positively impacts the global supply chain
Prize: 3 ETH to be split amongst the winning team
Challenge: Get ready for Call for Code with this preliminary challenge to improve logistics based on traffic and weather activity. Use the Understanding weather and traffic conditions can reduce the number of people affected by mobilizing them effectively IBM Code Pattern for inspiration to kickstart your solutions or build your idea upon other IBM Code Patterns and services provided by the IBM Cloud .
Call for Code, https://developer.ibm.com/callforcode/ is a worldwide, multi-year initiative that inspires developers to solve pressing global problems with sustainable software solutions. Get a leg up on the competition, by using this challenge to create an application that helps build resilient communities, and safeguards the health and well-being of individuals and institutions.
Virtual Prize: The overall winners of the city challenges will win the following:
- First Place $7500 USD to be split amongst the winning team
- Second Place $2500 USD be split amongst the winning team
WHO CAN HACK?
All ages, genders, and skill levels are welcome. Come solo or in a team of up to five, and spend the weekend learning new skills, meeting your local tech community and tech sponsors, enjoying free food, and more.
Our attendees typically consist of developers looking to improve their skills or expand their horizons, students, designers of all skill-sets, and serious entrepreneurs that can add value to teams. Bring your ideas and let’s go!
Want to get involved in another way? We’re always open to chat with potential sponsors, mentors, and judges! Just email info (at) angelhack.com to get connected.
9:00 AM : Doors Open & Breakfast
10:00 AM : Opening Ceremony, Sponsor Welcomes, & Team Building
11:00 AM : Coding Kick Off
1:00 PM : Lunch
2:00 PM : Sponsor Breakout Sessions
7:00 PM : Dinner
10:00 PM : Pitch Workshop
*Venue open overnight
8:00 AM : Breakfast
12:00 PM : Lunch
1:00 PM : Code Freeze & Submission Deadline on hackathon.io
1:30 PM : A/V Check
2:00 PM : Demos
4:00 PM : Winners are Announced / Prizes!
THE SEVEN ANGELHACK HACKATHON RULES :
We know some rules are meant to be broken, but you should probably (read: definitely) stick by these :
1. Fresh Code – We all start coding at the same time. It’s cool to work on designs beforehand, digital mockups, open source frameworks, and anything else available to everyone, but keep things within fair limits.
2. Code Review – Winning teams may be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning. This is to ensure that all code used is in fact fresh.
3. Ownership and IP – You own your IP and whatever you create. Simple as that.
4. Team Size – No more than five people.
5. Submissions – Each hackathon has its individual hackathon.io page where projects need to be submitted by the designated time. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to do just that.
6. Demos – You’ll have 2 minutes to demo the functionality of your project and talk through your idea, and 1 minute for Q&A from judges.
7. Be cool to your fellow hackers! Check out our: Code of Conduct.
How is the hackathon judged?
Projects will be judged based on the following criteria, with a total of 5 points per criteria:
- Fundability: How fundable is this idea? Is there potential for a sustainable business model?
- Execution: How well was the project executed and explained? Did it work?
- UI/UX: Beyond design, was the end-to-end user experience for the solution considered?
- Originality: How original, creative or unique is the idea?
- Scalability: How scalable is the solution? Will it make an impact?
Know someone who would make a great judge of awesomeness and innovation? Nominate them (or yourself!) at [email protected] (dot) com
REGIONAL MANAGER & AMBASSADORS
AngelHack Asia Pacific